QRIS State Profile
This profile is from the QRIS Compendium—a comprehensive resource for information about all of the QRIS operating in the U.S. and its Territories. It was developed by a partnership of the BUILD Initiative, the Early Learning Challenge Collaborative, and Child Trends.
QRIS Resource Guide Examples
Provider Incentives and Support
A Variety of Financial Supports in Maryland's QRIS
Statewide participation in the new Maryland QRIS, EXCELS, was launched in July 2013. With the redesign of the program there was also redesign of the awards, bonuses and incentives. They include the following:
- Program Bonuses – awarded to participating programs based on the Check Level rating and assigned capacity of the facility. These bonuses range from $50 to $1000 for family child care and from $50 to $4500 for centers.
- Credential Bonuses – full amount bonuses available to staff in participating programs. Staff bonuses are based on the Credential Level, and range from $200 to $500 at Levels 2, 3 and 4 and from $600 to $1000 for Staff Levels 4 Plus, 5 and 6. The bonuses at the lower levels (2 – 4) are one time only, while the bonuses at the higher levels (4 plus – 6) are annual. There are also bonuses for the Administrator Credential, with Level 1 amount of $400, and a one-time only award, and Levels 2, 3, and 4 can receive $750, $1000 and $1500 respectively on an annual basis.
- Incentives, Grants and Supports – participating programs and their staff have access to quality improvement incentives, grants and supports including but not limited to:
- Accreditation Fund Support
- Curriculum Fund
- Child Care Quality Incentive Grants
- Training Vouchers and Reimbursement
- Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund
- Increased Subsidy Reimbursement Rates by Check Levels (Levels 3, 4 and 5)
- Infant Toddler Expansion Grants
Additional information on Maryland EXCELS and their financial supports can be found at www.marylandexcels.org